Dr. Robert A. Mayanovic
Physics Astronomy and Materials Sci
Physicist Dr. Robert Mayanovic is department head and professor in the physics, astronomy and materials science department. His research interests include: synchrotron X-ray studies of condensed matter, materials in supercritical fluids, high pressure-temperature studies and mineral physics.
- Ph.D. in Physics, 1987, Purdue University
- PHY 204 Foundations of Physics II
- PHY 385 Experiments in 20th Century Physics
- PHY 486 Undergraduate Research II
Research and professional interests
- Synchrotron X-ray studies of condensed matter
- Materials in supercritical fluids
- High pressure-temperature studies
- Mineral physics
Awards and honors
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 2004
- Foundation Research Award, Missouri State University, 2001
- Hawley Medal, Mineralogical Association of Canada, 1999
- W.F. James Chair, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada, 1994
Area of expertiseScience
What are Microwaves?
Physicist Dr. Robert Mayanovic explains about microwaves.
What is Infrared?
Physicist Dr. Robert Mayanovic explains about infrared.