Dr. Sarah J. Morrison
Physics Astronomy and Materials Sci
- PhD, Planetary Sciences, 2017, University of Arizona
- MS, Planetary Sciences, 2015, University of Arizona
- BA, Astronomy, 2011, Cornell University
Research and professional interests
- Formation and evolution of planetary systems over time
- Orbital dynamics of planetary and satellite systems and its impact on climate and surfaces
- Computational methods and their cross-disciplinary applications
- Facilitating and promoting inclusive practices in the classroom
- Improving diversity, equity and the scientific process
Area of expertiseScience Diversity
Look up, Springfield: Giant comet closest to Earth tonight
Astronomy expert Dr. Sarah Morrison explains about the once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event.
Not a UFO - What last night’s line of lights in the Ozarks actually means
Astronomy expert Dr. Sarah Morrison weighs in on what the lights are.
Simulating the Cosmos: Astrophysics Using a Computer
Astronomy expert Dr. Sarah Morrison talk about the basic approach and some specific examples of simulating the cosmos.
Meteor over Missouri Monday night confirmed by NASA
Astronomy expert Dr. Sarah Morrison explains what happened.